Moreno Valley High School is committed to maintaining academ- ic
honesty. Honesty is the essence on which all human relation- ships are
founded. Academic dishonesty is almost always an attempt by a student to
show possession of a level of knowledge or skill, which he or she does
It is considered cheating if:
- A student uses anyone else's knowledge or work, and says it is his/her own.
- A student uses a "cheat sheet" while taking an examination in class.
- A student turns in an assignment that someone else has written.
- "Student A" knowingly and willfully allows "Student B" to use his/her work, and "Student B" presents it as his/her own.
student uses a quotation in a term paper without a proper footnote,
without giving proper credit, or without identifying to whom the
quotation is credited.
Once the teacher determines cheating
has occurred, the assignment will be graded with an "F", and a zero will
be recorded in the grade book. Students violating the Academic Honesty
Policy will be referred to the appropriate administrator, and will be
assigned one day of On Campus Suspension (OCS). Flagrant or habitual
cheating will result in the student's referral to the Sequential
Discipline Review Board, which may choose one of the following
- Recommend failure of the course.
- Recommend a behavior contract and/or community service.
- Suspension from school (E.C. 48900(k)).