Skip To Main Content

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Types of Financial Aid


A grant is a form of financial aid that does not have to be repaid (unless, for example, a student withdraws from school and owe a refund). Samples include Pell Grants and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG).


Many nonprofit and private organizations offer scholarships to help students pay for college or career school. They can be based on academic merit, talent, or a particular area of study. See a list of current and year-round scholarships below.


The Federal Work-Study Program allows students to earn money to pay for school by working part-time (at least the federal minimum wage).  The total amount  depends on when you apply, level of financial need, and your school’s funding level.


A loan is money you borrow and must pay back with interest.  It is important to understand your repayment options to successfully repay your loan. If you apply for financial aid, you may be offered loans as part of your school’s financial aid offer.

There are many FREE resources available to students. As students search for outside scholarships or grants, please be advised that students should never pay for scholarship or grant information.

Apply for Financial Aid

Apply for federal student aid—grants, work-study, and loans—using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form.

The FAFSA form you fill out should correspond with the school year you’re planning to seek aid for. For example, if you’re applying for financial aid for the 2023‒24 school year, fill out the 2023‒24 FAFSA form. If you plan to take summer classes, contact your school's financial aid office to determine which FAFSA form you should fill out.

You can estimate your eligibility for federal student aid and your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) with the Federal Student Aid Estimator. Be sure to use the tool before you fill out the FAFSA form.